Stay Code Current with 2011 NEC Essentials FlexTime Learning
Spend more time on the job and
less time in class with this innovative
concept in Code training, available
only from the NEC® source.
NFPA is Your Source for NEC Training
NEC Essentials FlexTime Learning is the easiest way to stay code current in today's field!
As the Code's developer and the world safety leader, NFPA offers the premier training on how to navigate, use, and enforce NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®). Adopted nationwide and referenced around the globe, the NEC helps electrical professionals provide reliable systems and equipment while reducing the risks of fires, shocks, and other electrical hazards.
The electrical field is evolving. Succeeding in a changing industry means learning about new technologies and staying up-to-code with the NEC while closely managing your resources and time. NEC Essentials FlexTime Learning is the solution. This unique combination of online and in-class training maximizes learning and reduces time away from work--to put more money into your pocket!
- Learn about 2011 NEC requirements at your own pace online
- Get technical answers during a day of expert-led, face-to-face instruction in a city near you
- Earn valuable CEUs
- Access necplus® FREE for 6 months. A $70 value!
How Does The Program Benefit Me?
Experience the Power of NEC Essentials FlexTime Learning
NEC Essentials FlexTime Learning replaces 16 hours of in-class training with online instruction for the same number of CEUs. Complete four online modules at your own pace, anywhere you have Internet access. This portion of the training gives you an in-depth understanding of how the 2011 NEC® is used to ensure reliable systems and equipment while reducing electrical risks.
Here's how it works:
Start with online learning at your own pace. The rich online platform includes:
- Lectures from Code experts
- NEC-based activities and exercises
- Illustrations, photographs, flowcharts, graphics, and video clips to clarify requirements
- Real-world case studies
- Self checks to verify your grasp of concepts
- necplus® with the NEC, NFPA 70E®, and Handbooks online
Finish with a day of face-to-face instruction in the city of your choice. Attend a one-day class to review technical topics with NFPA's renowned electrical instructors and engage in discussion, problem solving, and Q&A. Choose the most convenient city and date:
- St. Louis, MO March 20
- Baltimore, MD March 22
- Houston, TX March 29
- Las Vegas, NV March 29
- Atlantic City, NJ April 3
- San Diego, CA April 17
- Atlanta, GA April 26
- Nashville, TN May 10
- San Antonio, TX May 24
- Las Vegas, NV June 7
- Fort Lauderdale, FL June 26
- Indianapolis, IN July 17
- San Francisco, CA July 17
- Williamsburg, VA July 24
- Philadelphia, PA August 14
- Seattle, WA August 14
- Orlando, FL August 23
EARN 2.1 CEUs - 21 Credit Hours*
*Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Advance Your NEC Knowledge and Reinforce Electrical Skills
The 2011 NEC Flextime Learning benefits anyone who uses or enforces the NEC including electrical system designers, electrical engineers, electrical contractors, safety engineers, installation and maintenance professionals, manufacturers, electrical inspectors, and project managers.
The electrical industry is evolving, with new challenges and opportunities for electrical professionals and a responsibility to stay code current with the National Electrical Code.
Upon completion of 2011 NEC Flextime Learning training you should be able to:
- Determine if an electrical installation complies with all access and space requirements
- Implement requirements for service, feeder, and branch circuit conductors and overcurrent devices of a premises' wiring system
- Recognize all critical component sizes and locations in an effective grounding scheme
- Apply the rules for raceway and conduit fill to groups of conductors
- And apply many other 2011 NEC requirements for electrical safety and compliance